Whenever you are selecting a front-end E-Commerce platform, remember to do a background study of that platform in regards with the following:
1. Whether that platform has a complete order management and inventory management system. Usually e-Commerce web platforms have a basic inventory management system which can take care of your initial business till you start scaling up exponentially
2. Whether that platform would be easy to integrate to an ERP system (or say partial ERP such as Merchandising system or Warehouse Management system) in future
3. Whether that platform supports integration with multiple payment gateways. In a country like India, there is a lot of competition between payment gateways and each of these gateways differ according to their processing fees
4. Whether that platform has pre-developed APIs that will help support real-time data flow once the platform is integrated with third party systems
5. Whether that platform can be integrated with shipping carriers like Aramex, Bluedart to allow the business to have real time data flow of the orders tracking details
The above points are not the exhaustive list but will help you to select a robust e-Commerce platform for your business so that you don’t have to look back even when you are scaling up exponentially and require a robust back-end system to support your operations.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are that of the author and not endorsed by FounderMates.com.
Other Articles on E-Commerce:
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
NIKUNJ AGARWAL - Nikunj is a Business Consultant in retail and supply chain domain, especially in e-Commerce with global MBA in IT and having international and cross cultural exposure across four geographies – Singapore, Toronto, Dubai, India. He is skillful in business process consulting and requirements gathering with 5+ years of successful track record in IT and Retail industry; primarily in SDLC, ERP development/implementation and WMS Implementation.
FOR A FREE CONSULT WITH NIKUNJ ON FOUNDERMATES
For any advice related to E-Commerce and Supply Chain, contact Nikunj by signing up as an entrepreneur on FounderMates here.